For IT related issues, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
UW will install following software free of charge:
- OS software for MAC and Windows
- MS Office.
- Sophos antivirus (All laptops and desktop should have Sophos installed if you are using them in our lab related activities).
Lab owned software:
- Mavector: We have two licenses that can be installed in any Macs, whether laptop or desktop.
- Graphpad: One license in the K126 Dell T7500 workstation.
- Adobe CS5.5: One license in the K126 Dell T7500 workstation.
- Nikon NIS Elements: In any computer
- Metamorph: In any computer
- Autoquant X: In any computer
- Endnotes: email Ribosome for a copy.
- Federal, State, and UW rules
- Projects involving grant money are often subject to additional rules
- Miller Lab rules
The Miller Lab rules are explained below. It is vital that you follow these rules, and failure to do so may result in information security breaches, loss of data, termination of your computer use priviledges, and legal action against you. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.
(i) Do not use gmail or other email accounts for communicating with other UW members for official work
(ii) Activate Crashplan for you computer
(iii) Have Sophos installed
(iv) Don’t install software on Miller computers without letting “email@example.com” know about it.
(v) Do not shut off the machines in the night or weekend but make sure to logoff the machine.
(vi) Password protect your computer (the doors are not secure even if they are locked. Sometimes, doors are left open during after hours).